if user want connect their phone with auxiliary cable can i drive it directly with micro to Amplifier?

Writing software for systems that use VLSI Solution's devices as slave codecs to a host microcontroller.
navidrct
User

if user want connect their phone with auxiliary cable can i drive it directly with micro to Amplifier?

Post by navidrct » Tue 2017-07-25 11:13

hi
i have vs1003B that play MP3 via SD and USB FLASH MEMORY but if user want connect their phone with auxiliary cable can i drive it directly with micro to Amplifier?
please help me to understand how can i do that?
can i use Mosfet to drive it to Amplifier if VS1003B do not play anything?
what u recommend?

Panu
VLSI Staff

Re: if user want connect their phone with auxiliary cable can i drive it directly with micro to Amplifier?

Post by Panu » Sun 2017-08-06 11:19

Recommend you follow the advice on the link below, "Line In & Line Out" to make a line out connection for your auxiliary cable.
Info: Line In and Line Out, VS1000 User interface, Overlay howto, Latest VSIDE, MCU Howto, Youtube
Panu-Kristian Poiksalo, VLSI Solution Oy

navidrct
User

Re: if user want connect their phone with auxiliary cable can i drive it directly with micro to Amplifier?

Post by navidrct » Mon 2017-08-07 5:42

Panu wrote:
Sun 2017-08-06 11:19
Recommend you follow the advice on the link below, "Line In & Line Out" to make a line out connection for your auxiliary cable.
so I connect my audio jack to line in and with that line out that u recommend I can get a line out of my phone audio?
thanks allot
music played on the phone and I want to be able to direct it with vs1003B to the amplifier and then to the speaker
so I should connect my 3.5 audio jack to line in and have that circuit that u recommend on line out for to connect to amplifier right??
in other word, my phone auxiliary cable should be connected to line in pin and amplifier connect to lineout pin?
sorry im in hurry to design this circuit and i need to be clear on this subject

Panu
VLSI Staff

Post by Panu » Mon 2017-08-07 15:24

Hi!

Hmm, upon further thought, VS1003 line in is only mono. So perhaps you should drive the line out from the phone directly to the amplifier. You could perhaps use a audio plug with built-in mechanical switch, like in the picture below, to isolate the VS1003 from the output when the plug is connected, or if that's not applicable, perhaps use series resistors so that the VS1003 output does not clamp the audio from the phone.
plug-3mm5-5pin.jpg
plug-3mm5-5pin.jpg (41.68 KiB) Viewed 179 times
-Panu
Info: Line In and Line Out, VS1000 User interface, Overlay howto, Latest VSIDE, MCU Howto, Youtube

navidrct
User

Post by navidrct » Tue 2017-08-08 6:58

Panu wrote:
Mon 2017-08-07 15:24
Hi!

Hmm, upon further thought, VS1003 line in is only mono. So perhaps you should drive the line out from the phone directly to the amplifier. You could perhaps use a audio plug with built-in mechanical switch, like in the picture below, to isolate the VS1003 from the output when the plug is connected, or if that's not applicable, perhaps use series resistors so that the VS1003 output does not clamp the audio from the phone.
plug-3mm5-5pin.jpg

-Panu
please tell me where should i put this series resistor?
and if I'm ok with mono line in, how to connect my AUX to vs1003B to have all sound on mono?should I connect right and left of my aux together and then connect it to the line in?

Panu
VLSI Staff

Post by Panu » Tue 2017-08-08 8:28

In the picture below, connect R1 and R2 together at VS1003 side and use 1K instead of 100R.
I think, to hear the AUX audio, you can just activate line in recording mode, you don't need to read the audio data.
http://www.vsdsp-forum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=69#p3705 wrote:The easiest way to loop analog input to analog output is to start the encoding mode. You don't need to read out the data (and you don't even need to load any patches). Just select for example 48kHz PCM with the correct channel configuration, line or mic (from SCI_MODE), then start the encoding mode (set SM_ENCODE and softreset in SCI_MODE).

navidrct
User

Post by navidrct » Tue 2017-08-08 9:04

Panu wrote:
Tue 2017-08-08 8:28
In the picture below, connect R1 and R2 together at VS1003 side and use 1K instead of 100R.
I think, to hear the AUX audio, you can just activate line in recording mode, you don't need to read the audio data.
http://www.vsdsp-forum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=69#p3705 wrote:The easiest way to loop analog input to analog output is to start the encoding mode. You don't need to read out the data (and you don't even need to load any patches). Just select for example 48kHz PCM with the correct channel configuration, line or mic (from SCI_MODE), then start the encoding mode (set SM_ENCODE and softreset in SCI_MODE).
two q
is this circuit right to use aux as mono?
navid.png
navid.png (40.7 KiB) Viewed 165 times
when my aux is mono what happens in line out left and line out right?
one of my speakers is for right and one of them is for left. when aux is mono both of speaker will be playing music right?or just one of them will play?

Panu
VLSI Staff

Post by Panu » Tue 2017-08-08 13:58

That's not the same, looks like some kind of bandpass filter, but I guess you can make it work if you tweak the values of the resistors and capacitor C24.
Nothing. To hear the aux, activate the encoding mode as I said earlier. It will be mono, e.g. both speakers will be the same.

-Panu

navidrct
User

Post by navidrct » Wed 2017-08-09 7:05

Panu wrote:
Tue 2017-08-08 13:58
That's not the same, looks like some kind of bandpass filter, but I guess you can make it work if you tweak the values of the resistors and capacitor C24.
Nothing. To hear the aux, activate the encoding mode as I said earlier. It will be mono, e.g. both speakers will be the same.

-Panu
man u r awesome thanks
I think now I have all my answer and I can finish the design
thanks allot