MP3 File Playing Noise

Discussion about writing software for VS1005 and the VSOS Operating System. Also posts about VS1005-related hardware design and device drivers should be posted here.
PatrickFolci
User

MP3 File Playing Noise

Post by PatrickFolci » Fri 2018-08-10 18:25

Hi Guys,

I'm back with another question to you, hope you can help me.
After some test I were able to create my application, running on my HW that is able to reproduce MP3 files or switch between one audio input (1,2,3) and send it to output based on binary contact combination.

It looks working well until some days ago. Now for a reason that I'm not able to understand the signal reproduced by MP3 file is very bad and I'm not able to stop it as I were.

Attached kernel, projects, config file and SD folder.

Note:
1- All the libraries, files and applications run from the SD; so in my project S: is the SD card
2- I've tried to play and MP3 file using PlayFileLoop included in the SYS folder, but give me same audio problem.

Any help is appreciated, I need to provide a solution to my customer ASAP because I've to delivery 30pcs of that board.
If you think helps I can provide you the board schematics and PCB.

Thanks
Patrick
Attachments
SD.zip
(1.14 MiB) Downloaded 15 times
CONFIG.txt
(1018 Bytes) Downloaded 14 times
AudioManager_V1.zip
(99.7 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
VSOS355SD.zip
(764.18 KiB) Downloaded 11 times

Panu
VLSI Staff

Re: MP3 File Playing Noise

Post by Panu » Fri 2018-08-10 19:41

Is this problem only in 1 board, or several? Maybe the flash is corrupted somehow...?

-Panu
Info: Line In and Line Out, VS1000 User interface, Overlay howto, Latest VSIDE, MCU Howto, Youtube
Panu-Kristian Poiksalo, VLSI Solution Oy

PatrickFolci
User

Re: MP3 File Playing Noise

Post by PatrickFolci » Mon 2018-08-20 15:33

Hi Panu,

Thanks for the answer and sorry for my delay.

I've partially found a solution to that by creating an MP3 file encode at 16kbps.
If I encode the file with another rate noise will be present.

To answer to your question all the boards are affected by that.
Another interesting point is the play starting time was very quick before that problem happen now require 2/3 sec.

Thanks
Patrick