VSIDE2.30 compile error

Discussion about writing software for VS1005 and the VSOS Operating System. Also posts about VS1005-related hardware design and device drivers should be posted here.
boen
Senior User

VSIDE2.30 compile error

Post by boen » Thu 2014-12-11 11:00

Dear Panu

there is a problem puzle me, recently I have install some softwares such as matlab, proteus, Atmel studio.
but I'm not sure whether if these cause the problem.
even I reinstall the VSIDE problem is till exist.
I need your help, thank you very much.

Kind regards
-boen
Attachments
QQ图片20141211164416.jpg
QQ图片20141211164416.jpg (75.54 KiB) Viewed 1921 times

Lasse
VLSI Staff

Re: VSIDE2.30 compile error

Post by Lasse » Fri 2014-12-12 15:17

boen wrote:there is a problem puzle me, recently I have install some softwares such as matlab, proteus, Atmel studio.
Hello Boen,

honestly I'm puzzled as well.

When VSIDE builds a project it launches "make.exe" which is located at the directory VSIDE\Bin. We use a Windows build of GNU make. To me it seems that either something has replaced our Make with a different program, or, something instructs the GNU make to behave in a weird way. The copy command should be executed with the default shell so maybe the shell has been redirected somehow? Is there a SHELL or MAKESHELL environment variable set in your system?

You could try generating a Makefile from VSIDE (Menu > Project > Generate Makefile) and launching make from the command line. Take a command prompt to the directory with the VSIDE solution and type "make -d -f Makefile_{yoursolution}". Just replace {yoursolution} with the actual name of the makefile VSIDE generated. Doing this should give plenty of diagnostic information which, if we're lucky, might help us figure out what is going wrong.
Software Designer
VLSI Solution

safans
Senior User

Post by safans » Fri 2014-12-12 16:03

Hi all,

Make.exe of VSIDE have conflict with make.exe of Atmel.
So change the path in the environment .

Safans

boen
Senior User

Post by boen » Mon 2014-12-15 3:39

Dear Lasse,Safans

thank you!, the VSIDE is running well then I removed Matlab, Proteus, Atmel, WinAVR2010.
there must be a conflict between VSIDE and those softwares, but I'm not sure which one.

Kind Regards
-Boen

Lasse
VLSI Staff

Post by Lasse » Mon 2014-12-15 14:14

Hi,

Boen, I'm glad you got it working again. Also thanks for your input Safans!

It would be interesting to know the mechanism which causes our Make to misbehave like that. At first I suspected that the wrong make gets executed somehow but when I look at the code which launches the build process I can't think of anything that could cause that. Maybe it has something to do with environmental variables set by one of those software products. If you happen to learn something that might help us understand this better please don't hesitate to let us know ;)
Software Designer
VLSI Solution

boen
Senior User

Post by boen » Tue 2014-12-16 6:24

Hi Lasse,
Lasse wrote: It would be interesting to know the mechanism which causes our Make to misbehave like that. At first I suspected that the wrong make gets executed somehow but when I look at the code which launches the build process I can't think of anything that could cause that. Maybe it has something to do with environmental variables set by one of those software products. If you happen to learn something that might help us understand this better please don't hesitate to let us know ;)
if I happened to nkow it, I will tell you without hesitating. :D
but now, I can only sure it must be one of the softwares(matlab, proteus, winarv....)cause the problem.

-boen