PowerOff

Discussion about writing software for VS1005 and the VSOS Operating System. Also posts about VS1005-related hardware design and device drivers should be posted here.
Henrik
VLSI Staff

PowerOff

Post by Henrik »

Hello!

Here is a little utility called PowerOff.dl3. By running this either from config.txt or the VSOS Shell you may turn the power off the VS1005 Development Board.

To use this program, copy PowerOff.dl3 to your VSOS system disk SYS/ directory.

As far as I have tested, it works, regardless of whether you have the USB-UART or USB cable(s) connected or not. Nevertheless, if you have a different experience, let us know in this thread.

Kind regards,
- Henrik
Attachments
PowerOff.zip
PowerOff VSIDE Solution. To use, copy PowerOff.dl3 to your VSOS system disk SYS/ directory.
(4.72 KiB) Downloaded 493 times
Good signatures never die. They just fade away.
vinayslone
Senior User

Re: PowerOff

Post by vinayslone »

Hello Vlsi team,

This driver file switch_off most of the things !

1.) I want to use this for my application, like if there is no activity on the board for suppose 5 mins then it should automatically go to sleep mode.

2.) And for awaking the board again, i want to use any button Like SW1, SW2 etc. (Because Power button restart the system, in place of starting the system were it left).

Please guide on this !

Thankyou
vinayslone
Senior User

Post by vinayslone »

hello vlsi team,

Please resolve my above query !

Thankyou !
vinayslone
Senior User

Post by vinayslone »

hello vlsi team,

Does anybody have time ?
Please resolve my above query !

Thankyou !
Panu
VSDSP Expert

Post by Panu »

vinayslone wrote: Sun 2020-12-06 21:051.) I want to use this for my application, like if there is no activity on the board for suppose 5 mins then it should automatically go to sleep mode.
There's no such automatic functionality available. You need to build that into your application.
vinayslone wrote: Sun 2020-12-06 21:052.) And for awaking the board again, i want to use any button Like SW1, SW2 etc. (Because Power button restart the system, in place of starting the system were it left). Please guide on this !
To get really low power consumption during sleep, you will need to switch power off and reboot again. You can store information about your application's state to the RTC RAM so that your application can reboot to the correct state.

Another possibility is to run the VS1005 at a slow clock rate to minimize power consumption, but never really switch it off. You need sufficient core, I/O and analog voltages so it will take a couple to a few milliamperes probably. Please see the thread about VS1005 power consumption at: viewtopic.php?t=1319

-Panu
krdarrah
User

Post by krdarrah »

Does this work for VS1010? I am trying to figure out how to power down on the VS1010 dev board
pasi
VLSI Staff

Post by pasi »

krdarrah wrote: Tue 2021-01-19 19:41Does this work for VS1010? I am trying to figure out how to power down on the VS1010 dev board
The same principle applies to vs1010 - set external interfaces and GPIO's to power-off, switch to 1.0x clock, wait until the power button is released, then shut off the internal regulators and wait to lose the power. The poweroff solution hides some of the details by using some VS1005 ROM functions.
Visit https://www.facebook.com/VLSISolution VLSI Solution on Facebook
Hannu
VLSI Staff

Post by Hannu »

Hi!

For VS1010 power off: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2732