How to mount a SD card as USB mass storage and run own program in parallel

Discussion about writing software for VS1005 and the VSOS Operating System. Also posts about VS1005-related hardware design and device drivers should be posted here.
Henrik
VLSI Staff

Re: How to mount a SD card as USB mass storage and run own program in parallel

Post by Henrik »

Hello!

The mistake is mine. The current USBMSC driver unfortunately contains a symbol reference that is missing in out current VS1005g. Please find attached a version with a .DL3 file that also runs on the VS1005g.

If you need to modify / recompile the source code, you'll need to make the following change in VSIDE's file libvs1005h_vsos3/vs1005h_import.h. There is a line that says:

Code: Select all

DLLIMPORT(RingBufCopyXfromY)
Comment it away so that is reads:

Code: Select all

//DLLIMPORT(RingBufCopyXfromY)
Then you can rebuild the solution and expect it to work. This change to the .h file will be included in the next release of VSIDE.

I am sorry for the confusion.

Kind regards,
- Henrik
Attachments
usbmsc5.zip
USBMSC.DL3 driver compiled from the VSOS_354g_IntFlash package so that it works. Recompiling it needs you to modify libvs1005h_vsos3/vs1005h_import.h
(15.67 KiB) Downloaded 235 times
Good signatures never die. They just fade away.
mar_tin
User

Re: How to mount a SD card as USB mass storage and run own program in parallel

Post by mar_tin »

That is much better, Henrik, thank you!

Usbmsc is now working as expected. The CTRL-C doesn't work for me, but I didn't check what is going on and not even planning to use this feature. Panu's idea mentioned in viewtopic.php?p=11850#p11850 looks more interesting.

I've also merged the changes from Panu's usbmsCD source to your version of usbmsC, that seems to be working too.
The problem with AUODAC with usbmsCD still persists, though. I tried rebuilding it from the sources, did not help. But at least I can safely use usbmsC now, so thanks for the help again.

- Martin