ZeroPtrCall Error

Discussion about writing software for VS1005 and the VSOS Operating System. Also posts about VS1005-related hardware design and device drivers should be posted here.
liku
Senior User

ZeroPtrCall Error

Post by liku »

Hi VLSI Team,
While trying to read the contents of a file using my customized application i got this error (ZeroPtrCall from 6249), after which my VS1005 stops responding.

Note: I have one MP3 play task running in the background, when this task is not running file read operation seems to be fine,
means i am facing this issue only when some task(MP3 Play) is running in the background.
Henrik
VLSI Staff

Re: ZeroPtrCall Error

Post by Henrik »

Hello liku!

First thing that comes to mind: Make sure you don't e.g. remove the MP3 decoder library (with DropLibrary()) while the file is still playing.

If the issue persists, we'd need to have a look at your source code.

Kind regards,
- Henrik
Good signatures never die. They just fade away.
liku
Senior User

Post by liku »

Hi Henrik,
Thanks for the response,
No i am not calling MP3 decoder library (with DropLibrary()) while the file is still playing.
As mentioned in my earlier post i am trying to read the contents of a file which will have some few hundreds of lines in it, also at the same time MP3Play task is running in the background. In this case i am facing this issue.
Panu
VSDSP Expert

Post by Panu »

Hi!

We're soon releasing a new version of the kernel, which gives more precise task/state dumps in case of zeroptrcall. I hope we have it soon and I hope that it might help you.

-Panu
liku
Senior User

Post by liku »

Hi Panu,
Thanks for the info..
Ok i will wait for this kernel release.
Also it will be nice of you if you can suggest something to solve this issue, as i am getting stuck because of this..