Dear Forum Members,
for quite some time there has existed a need to overhaul the HiRes Recorder.
The existing HiRes Recorder has a few issues:
1) It is large, barely fitting in VS1005's memory, so there is no room for expansion.
2) Updating the LCD is time-critical: update too much at a time, and recording may get interrupted.
3) There is no tool chain for creating custom grraphics.
This is about to change. This message is the first of several that we are going to release before end of December 2020. The HiRes Recorder has been split into three, separate parts:
- A HiRes Recorder Server HRServer.dl3.
- A HiRes Playback Server HPServer.dl3.
- A Text-Based User Interface Client HRTxtCln.dl3.
Together these can be used to implement a HiRes Recorder with playback functionality. During the next few weeks, we will release another example client, this time with graphics, and a tool chain that can be used to create custom graphics.
I hope this new model is useful for everyone intending to create new, exciting user interfaces using the HiRes Recorder framework.
Discussion about writing software for VS1005 and the VSOS Operating System. Also posts about VS1005-related hardware design and device drivers should be posted here.
- Documentation for the new HiRes Recorder v1.00
- (362.76 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
- HiRes Playback Server v1.00
- (10.42 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
- HiRes Recorder Server v1.00
- (40.67 KiB) Downloaded 19 times
- HiRes Recorder text-based example client v1.00
- (15.71 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
Good signatures never die. They just fade away.