I recently purchased a VS1005 BoB 2.0 in the hope of being able to program some software on it using VSIDE. However, I have met with some issues.
1) VSIDE 2.46 only has VSOS 3.50 drivers loaded, however VSOS 3.57 is available. Where in the VSIDE folder on my PC do I put the VSOS 3.57 files so that they will be selectable when I create a new solution?
2) As per instructions on the VS1005 BoB 2.0 User Instructions, I have wired up the UART - USB cable as follows:
- GND to the bottom-right corner of the board (as it's stated the extreme 4 pins on all 4 corners of the board are GND)
- RX (green) to pin 37 of the VS1005 BoB
- TX (white) to pin 38 of the VS1005 BoB. I did this directly and without a pull-up resistor to IOVDD. (Although the schematic for the BoB Programmerboard in this viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2210&p=12271&hilit=breakout#p12271 thread seems like a 100k resistor is required?)
- Red pin to pin 4 of VS1005 BoB.
- I did not connect any microSD card to the slot, don't have one on hand right now.
Connecting to Termite with Baud rate 115200bps/8N1/No Handshake shows this:
Code: Select all
E: Can't open D:AUDIO/ W: Please insert SD Card! E'SD Card not found' E'Retry with 1-bit mode' E'SD Card not found' E'SD Card not found' E'Retry with 1-bit mode' E'SD Card not found' E'Device not open' E'no path in fname' E'Seek'
The user instructions, as well as the Programmerboard schematic, point to pulling D0/GPIO0-0 (pin 9) to HIGH using IOVDD to simulate pressing S1 at startup, effectively allowing the internal flash of the VS1005 to be displayed as a removable device in the PC.
I connected Pin 9 to IOVDD and connected the UART - USB cable to my PC.
Nothing happens. There is nothing in Termite, and no removable storage devices are detected in Windows Explorer.
What have I done wrong? Do I need to flash anything to the BoB first? If so, how?
3) Lastly, section 6 of the VS1005 BoB User Instructions states, for flashing a new kernel:
- Connect UART cable as described in sections 1-2
- Exit from HiRes recorder with Ctrl+C.
- Start vs3emu monitor with command vs3emuc.
- Close serial terminal.
- Run internal flash prommer from VSIDE to update the kernel.
a) Where do I input the Ctrl + C command?
b) Where do I input the vs3emuc command?
c) Autodetect on my computer is unable to detect the VS1005 BoB when I run the Internal Flash Prommer utility. Are there reasons for this?
I apologise, this is quite a lengthy post! I am new to programming in general, thank you for your guidance!