About VS1205GF operation.

Discussion about writing software for VS1005 and the VSOS Operating System. Also posts about VS1005-related hardware design and device drivers should be posted here.
chiruru@naver.com
User

About VS1205GF operation.

Post by chiruru@naver.com » Mon 2021-01-11 19:20

Hello,

Thank you for the response from the e-mail regarding eMMC.

I download VSOS_360_RootAndLibrariesSourceCode from VSDSP Forum and test it.

1. I downloaded 3.6 External Kernel from VSIDE to VS1205GF development board.
2. While holding down S1, press Reset, then release S1.
3. I copied all the files in the VSOS_360_RootAndLibrariesSourceCode/root directory and put them in the External Flash area (VS1005-EFS(G:)).
4. While pressing S2, press Reset and then release S2.
ClassicPlayer.ap3, init.ap3, shell.ap3, SimpleMp3Encoder.ap3, SimpleOggEncoder.ap3 etc appeared.
5. I recorded using ClassicPlayer.ap3.
All of the above operations are OK.

The question is:
1. If eMMC memory is attached instead of SD card, does it work without firmware modification?

2. There is no source code for VSOS_360_RootAndLibrariesSourceCode/root/SimpleMp3Encoder.ap3. Can you provide the source code for this file?

3. Instead, there are two separate source codes, SimplMon and SimplRec. I put SimplMon.ap3 and SimplRec.ap3 in the External Flash area (VS1005-EFS(G:)) and try to record, but it does not work.
After the following message is displayed on the LCD screen, the device is rebooted.
No audio in/out!
App Exit, result: 1.
Restart.

<none>
Do I have to edit config.txt?

4. I am trying to build a new board and then write the firmware.
Please tell me how I can download the kernel, driver and application into empty flash memory after making a new board using VS1205GF.

Thank you.

Hannu
Senior User

Re: About VS1205GF operation.

Post by Hannu » Tue 2021-01-12 14:45

chiruru@naver.com wrote:
Mon 2021-01-11 19:20
Hello,

Thank you for the response from the e-mail regarding eMMC.

I download VSOS_360_RootAndLibrariesSourceCode from VSDSP Forum and test it.

1. I downloaded 3.6 External Kernel from VSIDE to VS1205GF development board.
2. While holding down S1, press Reset, then release S1.
3. I copied all the files in the VSOS_360_RootAndLibrariesSourceCode/root directory and put them in the External Flash area (VS1005-EFS(G:)).
4. While pressing S2, press Reset and then release S2.
ClassicPlayer.ap3, init.ap3, shell.ap3, SimpleMp3Encoder.ap3, SimpleOggEncoder.ap3 etc appeared.
5. I recorded using ClassicPlayer.ap3.
All of the above operations are OK.

The question is:
1. If eMMC memory is attached instead of SD card, does it work without firmware modification?
Should work. At least some eMMC cars has been working with eMMC -> SD adapter.

2. There is no source code for VSOS_360_RootAndLibrariesSourceCode/root/SimpleMp3Encoder.ap3. Can you provide the source code for this file?
SimpleMp3Encoder seems very old program. It uses audio.dl3 simpleRec and SimpleMon are successor for it as far as I can tell with quick look at it.
3. Instead, there are two separate source codes, SimplMon and SimplRec. I put SimplMon.ap3 and SimplRec.ap3 in the External Flash area (VS1005-EFS(G:)) and try to record, but it does not work.
After the following message is displayed on the LCD screen, the device is rebooted.
No audio in/out!
App Exit, result: 1.
Restart.

<none>
Do I have to edit config.txt?
copy auiadc and auodac lines from config 0 to config 2. That should get you further.
4. I am trying to build a new board and then write the firmware.
Please tell me how I can download the kernel, driver and application into empty flash memory after making a new board using VS1205GF.
I hope you have noted this post: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1500 which is about what pins to use.

Writing kernel needs to be done through vs3emu. Easiest way is to open kernel sources in vside rebuild and project->prommer. Then select correct promming tool and rest is quite straight forward. Then reboot S1 pressed, format to FAT and copy the programs. For more in depth information see unbricking info viewtopic.php?f=13&t=681 which also applies to new chips. If you are updating the kernel and have working system, vs3emuc.dl3 program puts vs1005 to vs3emu monitor mode and then you can program a new kernel.

When writing your own programs, get familiar with http://www.vlsi.fi/fileadmin/software/V ... _Audio.pdf and http://www.vlsi.fi/fileadmin/software/V ... _Shell.pdf documents so that not every wheel is redesigned.

Hannu
Senior User

Re: About VS1205GF operation.

Post by Hannu » Wed 2021-01-13 10:36

Thank you for bringing to attention the age of simepleMp3Encoder.

We'll give some development time for it and there will an update for the recorder ap3