Questions about playback Chinese file names

Discussion about writing software for VS1005 and the VSOS Operating System. Also posts about VS1005-related hardware design and device drivers should be posted here.
winwan
Senior User

Re: Questions about playback Chinese file names

Post by winwan »

I'm really sorry that I didn't see your reply until today because of the Internet. I will test it first, thank you!
Henrik
VLSI Staff

Post by Henrik »

Hello!

We have now added experimental UTF-8 support to VSOS. This means that Chinese, Japanese, Korean, etc characters should now work in pretty much all applications.

For this to work, it was necessary to update the operating system and a few utilities. So, attached to this message is VSOS 3.65, and new versions of Dir.dl3 and getcmd.dl3. Edit.dl3 requires updating, too, but that has to wait until a later date. Do not use Dir v1.20 I provided last Friday, it is incompatible with the official way of supporting UTF-8. Use Dir v1.21 that is provided here.

With these updates, programs like PlayFile and PlayDir can find and show Chinese file names correctly. You can also write Chinese characters to the shell.

Let us know if you find this new system useful and if there are any issues.

Kind regards,
- Henrik
Attachments
VSOS_365g_ExtFlash.zip
Experimantal release of VSOS with UTF-8 support
(270.01 KiB) Downloaded 29 times
Dir_v121.zip
Dir with UTF-8 support removed (it doesn't need it anymore because VSOS does the support)
(28.88 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
getcmd_211220.zip
Command line editor with UTF-8 support
(12.47 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
Good signatures never die. They just fade away.
winwan
Senior User

Post by winwan »

hi:
I just downloaded your 365 package, compiled in VSIDE, burned the program appeared such a prompt, what is the reason。

Code: Select all

Starting VS1005g internal SPI Flash prommer v2020-08-11...
  Access to Internal Flash is Enabled
  Default SPI speed 39.9 Mbit/s
  Serial Flash RDID: manufacturer c2 (C2), type 20 (20), density 14 (14)
  Serial Flash REMS: c213 (c213)

Opened map file "eeprom_i.map"
  Programming file "RESCUE_IMG" (0x0006d0 bytes) to addr 0x000000 (0)
    Erasing: .
    Program: .
  Ok
  ERROR! Can't open image file "eeprom_i.img" for reading, ABORTING!
FATAL ERROR, ABORTING!
Finished in 0.56 seconds. Press Close/Cancel on VSIDE
Henrik
VLSI Staff

Post by Henrik »

Hello!
winwan wrote: Mon 2021-12-20 18:43 hi:
I just downloaded your 365 package, compiled in VSIDE, burned the program appeared such a prompt, what is the reason。
The VSOS 3.65 I provided was for external SPI Flash, you have tried to program it to internal SPI Flash.

To program it to external SPI Flash, select Project -> Prommer/Flasher Utility -> VS1005G External SPI Flash Prommer.

If you don't have external SPI Flash memory installed in your system, I can compile a version of VSOS 3.65 for Internal Flash.

Kind regards,
- Henrik
Henrik
VLSI Staff

Post by Henrik »

Hello!

Here is a new version of getcmd.dl3. It (should) now fully support UTF-8 command line editing so that you can mix Ascii, European (e.g. åäö), and Chinese characters. It assumes Chinese characters are double wide on the screen, which I am not sure if it's always the case. Seems to work with me, hope it works with others, too.

Kind regards,
- Henrik
Attachments
getcmd_211221.zip
(13.46 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
winwan
Senior User

Post by winwan »

HELLO:
I find that the text codes of area A and area B are different. A is GBK and B is UTF-8. Could you unify the encoding of the two text contents into UTF-8.
ChineseCharsUTF8.png
ChineseCharsUTF8.png (159.35 KiB) Viewed 397 times
Henrik
VLSI Staff

Post by Henrik »

Hello!

Unfortunately I have no idea how to deal with the short file names on the left. From the very little information I have of GBK encoding (mainly what I read from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GBK_(character_encoding) ), the characters do not look like valid GBK codes because there are no characters in the 0x81-0xfe range. Note that I have made the files with a European Windows machine which may work differently from machines sold to the Chinese market.

Kind regards,
- Henrik