mini demo board

Designing hardware and software for systems that use the VS1010 MP3 Audio DSP Microcontroller.
Hannu
Senior User

Re: mini demo board

Post by Hannu »

In theory and even in practice it is possible. Just a small detour.

Here is some kind of idea of config.txt.

Code: Select all

[?]
detector
[A]
echo hello
umshs D:
echo 17
[C]
echo 19
And the essence of the detector.

Code: Select all

if (battery) {
  shellcmd("reboot", "19");
}
if (usb) {
  shellcmd("reboot", "17");
}
Sijohn
User

Write protecting Flash

Post by Sijohn »

Hi
Thanks for the infomation on running programmes in usb mode. I now understand the problem I was having and have my program running properly
I have another question,
Are there any pre-written snippets of code which handle write protecting of the flash memory? This is just to save me work!
I am using a 128 MBit nor flash and want to fit my code into a write protected area, but still allow the end user to upload MP3 files into the un-protected rest of the device.
Is there any way of determining which Flash sectors have been written to?
One more question!
Is there a function which returns which run level the VS1010 is in?
Thanks
S
Hannu
Senior User

Re: mini demo board

Post by Hannu »

Unfortunately there is no function for getting runlevel, but what's wrong with global variable called runlevel?

The flash is formatted to FAT so there isn't write protection. USB handles the flash on block level and files can be anywhere. so write protectin some blocks would be impossible.

Splitting the flash between two filesystems is possible. I've done that a few times but the operation has always been tricky. First of all you have to work around flash write bug, then you end up probably writing over your self.

What kind of unbricking possibilities do you have?

Be sure to have this patch: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2620