NSIS Error from VSIDE Installer

Installing and using VSIDE tools for VLSI Solution's devices that contain a VSDSP signal processor.
Panu
VSDSP Expert

NSIS Error from VSIDE Installer

Post by Panu »

We have received two email reports on something called "NSIS Error" when running the VSIDE installer. Both reports have arrived from Western Europe.
Hello,
I tried to install your VSIDE. Starting the installer causes following error:

NSIS Error
Installer integrity chack has failed. Common causes include incomplete download and damaged media. Contact the installer’s author to obtain a new copy.

I downloaded the installer a second time but it throws the same error. Is that a known bug? Can you send me a link to a functional version?
This error seems to be caused by certain antivirus software that seems to think that the installation package contains something suspicious. We are not exactly sure what causes this problem; it may be that it is because VSIDE contains numerous executables and command scripts built with different tools, some of which may not be common today. We take reasonably strict measures to fight infections on the machines where our software is built. For example, our build workstations are not connected to internet.

If you get this error, our suggestion is to use a different PC with different antivirus software to test the installer. There are also some online tools that you can use to check that the installer is clean. If you decide to run the installer on a PC with the NSIS problem, you may need to adjust your antivirus software settings for the duration of running the installer. Disabling the antivirus software would work, but I don't think that you should disable your antivirus, because it's rather dangerous.

We would be grateful for any extra info on this problem and the measures you have taken to successfully run the installer.

-Panu