EQ Plugin for Analog Input?

Writing software that inputs and/or outputs audio and performs DSP algorithms such as filters, new codecs or audio effects.
bayviewboom
Senior User

EQ Plugin for Analog Input?

Post by bayviewboom » Fri 2020-09-04 12:11

Can the EQ plugin process analog audio input? Or only digital input?
http://www.vlsi.fi/fileadmin/software/V ... 3b-peq.pdf

thx

Henrik
VLSI Staff

Re: EQ Plugin for Analog Input?

Post by Henrik » Thu 2020-09-10 9:30

Hello!
bayviewboom wrote:
Fri 2020-09-04 12:11
Can the EQ plugin process analog audio input? Or only digital input?
http://www.vlsi.fi/fileadmin/software/V ... 3b-peq.pdf
This EQ Plugin is primarily intended for adjusting the output of digital audio files. Because it has to coexist with all the decoders, it has been written with CPU consumption in mind. So, while it might be able to use it to adjust audio in the encoder mode, for an analog-input-and-output solution I recommend you to use the " VS1053b / VS1063a Equalizer" Application.

Kind regards,
- Henrik
Good signatures never die. They just fade away.

bayviewboom
Senior User

Post by bayviewboom » Thu 2020-09-10 15:35

Hi! Many thanks for that!

Then it's surprising to me that the plug-in offers twice as many filters (40). I guess it's because there's no ADC's eating up the processor.

With the EQ application, Can I connect the digital Out of Left to the digital In of Right to obtain 40 mono filters? (without intermediate conversion to analog).

Which pins? Can I route it by setting registers, without touching pins?

Thx!

Henrik
VLSI Staff

Post by Henrik » Fri 2020-09-11 15:06

bayviewboom wrote:
Thu 2020-09-10 15:35
Hi! Many thanks for that!

Then it's surprising to me that the plug-in offers twice as many filters (40). I guess it's because there's no ADC's eating up the processor.
The reason for the lower number of filters in the VS1053b / VS1063a Equalizer is the higher quality of the filters.
bayviewboom wrote:
Thu 2020-09-10 15:35
With the EQ application, Can I connect the digital Out of Left to the digital In of Right to obtain 40 mono filters? (without intermediate conversion to analog).

Which pins? Can I route it by setting registers, without touching pins?
Wait, we are now talking going digital? I am getting confused really quickly.

Let's slow down a bit.

How about we start from the beginning? Could you describe exactly what functionality you are looking for in your system? Then, together, we could look for the best way to reach your goal.

Kind regards,
- Henrik
Good signatures never die. They just fade away.

bayviewboom
Senior User

Post by bayviewboom » Fri 2020-09-11 18:24

Sorry for confusing.

My objective is a mono parametric equalizer, with analog input, analog output. The EQ Application (not plugin) seems the only option for this.

The EQ Application offers 22 stereo bands. But my requirement is mono, not stereo. So i'm wondering if i can use both channels to obtain 44 band, like this: