VS1000D SPIFLASH + USB + GPIO OGG/WAV PLAYER

Writing software that controls the system and peripherals such as displays, SD cards, Buttons, LEDs, Serial Ports etc.
EttaWest
User

VS1000D SPIFLASH + USB + GPIO OGG/WAV PLAYER

Post by EttaWest »

Hello,

I have built the hardware for an audio player.
Schematic:
ImagePCB Design:

Desired Functionality:
USB, SPI Flash, GPIO [0:12], plays OGG & WAV format files
GPIO0: Vol-
GPIO1:VOL+
GPIO2: Prev
GPIO3: Next
GPIO4: Feature
GPIO5: unsued
GPIO6: used for USB boot mode
GPIO7: Held high for 3.3V logic set
GPIO[8-11]: Triggers

The image file that includes the SD card player is too big to copy to the "NO Flash" disk that shows upon first boot. I have tried to remove the SD Card reader/player but the program wouldn't compile. I need the SPIflash.c + GPIO + wav extended utility in one image. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
pasi
VLSI Staff

Re: VS1000D SPIFLASH + USB + GPIO OGG/WAV PLAYER

Post by pasi »

You have RX and TX and GND accessible in the connector, so you could program the firmware through UART using VSIDE.

The USB mass storage driver/program for SPI FLASH takes quite a lot of memory, so you need a separate player and thus cannot program the image (at least in one piece) through USB RAMDISK / VS1000_D.RUN directly. (You could use Panu's tools to program larger images though.)

You can remove the SD support by removing calls to CheckSd() functions, and then remove the sdplayer (and sdmass for newer release) from the combineimage parameters in the post-build step.
Visit https://www.facebook.com/VLSISolution VLSI Solution on Facebook