VSIDE & image file

Writing software that controls the system and peripherals such as displays, SD cards, Buttons, LEDs, Serial Ports etc.
tomek_j
User

VSIDE & image file

Post by tomek_j »

Hi
I downloaded VSIDE packet V.02b2 beta. Can this enviroment create flash/EEPROM image file (e.g. in hi-fi VS1053 player project). VSIDE create .coff file only for debug code.
In V2.02b I can set -> project/properties/general/Project type Flash/EEPROM Image but VSIDE report make (e= 193) error

Regards
T.
Panu
VSDSP Expert

Re: VSIDE & image file

Post by Panu »

Hi!

We're working on the EEPROM programming support.

In the mean time, there's a forum post about generating EEPROM images in the VSIDE:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2

Sincerely,
Panu
tomek_j
User

Post by tomek_j »

Thank You
Now it's working :)
tomek_j
User

Post by tomek_j »

I have another question
Where I can found VS_DSP4 manual e.g. SFR description for peripheral devices
Panu
VSDSP Expert

Post by Panu »

Hi!

Actually, VSDSP is the CPU core and it does not have SFR's (except Flags, Loop registers, link registers and such) in itself, because different VS10xx chips have different SFR's but the same VSDSP4 core. If you need to find SFR documentation for a specific chip such as VS1053, see the VS1053 datasheet and most importantly vs1053.h, vs1000.h or hardware.h library files.

The VSDSP core version that is used in VS1000, VS1053 and VS8053 is VSDSP4. I hope VSDSP4 core user's manual will be available soon. But VSDSP2 core user's manual is available in all the compiler kits and packages and at http://www.vlsi.fi/uploads/media/vsdsp2_um.pdf. It is 99% compatible with VSDSP4. (VSDSP4 has some new features, like barrel shifter. The only VSDSP2 feature, which is different in VSDSP4 is modulo+2 and modulo-2 postmodification).

Additionally, I've just finished writing an introductory book about VSDSP, VSIDE and the VS1053 called "First Steps with the VS1053" (softcover, 112 pages). It's in print now and hopefully available in the web shop in just a few days. Its main programming focus is in C language, but it also covers some assembly programming and interrupt handler topics.

-Panu