UART programming and debug

Writing software that controls the system and peripherals such as displays, SD cards, Buttons, LEDs, Serial Ports etc.
HeLiO
Senior User

UART programming and debug

Post by HeLiO »

Hi all!

I m using VS 1000b with SDHC card. I ve just starting reading the manual nad found good ways of programming and debugging. I want to program VS 1000b through UART as shown in example "Hello, World" in "guide_vs_1000_01.pdf". I made steps from hello.c to hello.bin (so now i have hello.bin file). Next step according to manual is:

//*********************** STEP LOADING ******************
There are many ways to load runnable code to VS1000 chips. Code can be loaded
automatically during boot-up time from an SPI EEPROM or a NAND flash.
During program development it’s usually easiest to load the code using an RS-232 (“COM
port”) emulator interface, which connects to the RX and TX pins of the VS1000. 1
The PC side interface is invoked with:
vs3emu -chip vs1000 -s 115200 -l hello.bin
//******************************************************************

So, i connected UART in vs1000 through RS 232 to PC COM PORT. Next i make supply to my vs 1000 nad try to run this code:

vs3emu -chip vs1000 -s 115200 -l hello.bin

The answer is: "using serial port 1. Couldnt set control state." And window closes. Where is my mistake?
Tnx for answering

P.S.
I need some help in undestanding the IDEA of programming via uart and using uart as echo debug monitor (by this i mean controlling running code by sending strings to uart and analizing them on PC by HyperTerminal for example )
HeLiO
Senior User

Re: UART programming and debug

Post by HeLiO »

Problem solved , theme can be closed
Panu
VSDSP Expert

Post by Panu »

Hi!

Could you tell what did you do to solve it? Did you have another program using the port or perhaps a bad connection with a cable?

-Panu

For some more discussion:
viewtopic.php?t=322&p=1155#p1155
HeLiO
Senior User

Post by HeLiO »

I will answer but promise you will answer in theme SDHC OGG files too )

My problem was simple : in my company, guy that makes shemes mussed up TX and RX pins of VS1000 and MAX 232 interface, so i coulnt get any of VS1000 to be alive) And the problem about how to understand the idea of debugging was solved by reading manual.