Record ogg files continuously

Designing hardware that use VLSI Solution's devices as the system controller for the entire design.
Henrik
VLSI Staff

Re: Record ogg files continuously

Post by Henrik » Wed 2016-10-19 13:33

Hello!

Well, you got my interest awoken, so what I did was to create an Ogg Vorbis splitter of my own. This one makes one leap of faith (which makes the code perhaps half smaller), but that assumption works on any VS10xx IC, and it seems to work with audio encoded with oggenc as well. It creates fully conformant files, and, above all, the cut points are clean. The accuracy is within 1024 audio samples if the typical 44.1 kHz window of 256 and 2048 samples are used (the worst case for editing accuracy is always half of the longer window length).

The code is somewhat sparsely commented, so reading it may be interesting.

So, if still interested, have a look at this software and see what you think of it!

Kind regards,
- Henrik
Attachments
oggsplit.zip
Ogg Vorbis audio file splitter. Read source code for details.
(5.58 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
Good signatures never die. They just fade away.

Davides
Senior User

Post by Davides » Wed 2016-10-19 17:52

Hi Henrik,

thank you so much!
I'm going to have a look on it and I will give you a feedback soon.

Kind regards
Davide

Henrik
VLSI Staff

Post by Henrik » Thu 2016-10-27 9:24

Hello Davide,

did you have the time to check my Ogg Vorbis splitter? While the code is sparsely documented, it should be easy enough to manipulate to e.g. find where the common headers are stored / written.

Kind regards,
- Henrik

Davides
Senior User

Post by Davides » Thu 2016-10-27 10:36

Hi Henrik,

I tried it and it works fine; but unfortunately I didn't have the time to read the code and understand how it works; I hope to do this soon.

Thank you so much!

Kind regards

Davide

Henrik
VLSI Staff

Post by Henrik » Thu 2016-10-27 10:45

Hello,

nice to hear it works for you, too!

I guess most of the code is incomprehensible to someone without deep understanding of how the Ogg framing and Vorbis audio formats works, so no worries there. The most easy-to-understand part may (or may not) be the vector oggW.completeHeaders which, as the name implies, contains the full headers for the file.

Kind regards,
- Henrik

ducls
User

Post by ducls » Fri 2019-05-24 6:25

Hi, my home project is the same your idea:

I want to stream voices that encoded by VS1053 (OGG) to my PC over wifi. I prefer RTSP protocol because I can play this stream with VLC player.
I use esp32 chip to collect data from VS1053 (over SPI) and then stream it to myPC over Wifi

<<voices>> --> VS1053 -(spi/ogg)-> esp32 --(wifi/udp)--> myPC (linux)

Could you please let's me know how can I stream that voice?
1. Data word which I read from SPI from VS1053 will be send direct to myPC over UDP packet and I can play directly?
2. If not, how can I play ogg stream? which data I have to send from my board (VS1053 + ESP32) to myPC?

Thanks