Android USB Audio with VS1010C

Designing hardware and software for systems that use the VS1010 MP3 Audio DSP Microcontroller.
Panu
VSDSP Expert

Android USB Audio with VS1010C

Post by Panu »

Hi all!

I've been working to get USB Audio working with the Android platform, e.g. any cell phones and android tablets that I have access to. The Android seems to be a little bit demanding as far as USB audio is concerned. I've been reading through the source codes of Android, Android USB, Android USB audio and the TinyAlsa used in Android to get to the bottom of what makes it tick or not tick. And then I have been simplifying, modifying and optimizing my USB audio code to make it work with all the Android versions and devices that I happen to get my hands on.

So here's something for you to try. It's Android Audio solution for the VS1010C Developer Board. Simply plug your developer board to your Android tablet or phone, with any MicroOTG cable you have lying around and give it a shot. I'm hoping that it works file. And I'd be happy to hear about your experiences with different setups.

Installation: Put patch V15 (boot.dlx) to the developer board SD card (maybe the patch is needed, maybe not). And then AndroidAudio.dlx to the SYS folder of the SD card. And then make a config.txt to the root of the sd card with the single line:

AndroidAudio

Then reset your developer board. It should work fine with your Android tablet.

Good luck!
-Panu
Attachments
arch-AndroidAudio-2018-06-29-13-30-PleaseTestThis1.zip
Android USB Audio test code for the VS1010C. VSIDE solution with source code. ZIP file includeds AndroidAudio.dlx, a VS1010 VSOS executable binary.
(25.69 KiB) Downloaded 454 times
Panu
VSDSP Expert

Robust USB Audio with VS1010D

Post by Panu »

Here's an updated version for VS1010D developer boards.
Attachments
arch-AndroidAudio-2020-03-16-10-38-VS1010D-RC1.zip
VS1010D Robust USB Audio for VS1010D Developer Boards. Source code, VSIDE Solution. Contains VS1010 VSOS Executable: AndroidAudio.dlx.
(44.96 KiB) Downloaded 298 times