VS1053 / VSIDE / VSDSP Book

Installing and using VSIDE tools for VLSI Solution's devices that contain a VSDSP signal processor.
yakuzaa
User

Re: VS1053 / VSIDE / VSDSP Book

Post by yakuzaa »

In my opinion, the book becomes a "programming manual" or "application note" for VS1053 chip. Many manufacturers of IC's supply this information for free, because it's very important document for developing end user product. It's very strange, that people should pay for "programming manual"...
etti
User

Post by etti »

Dear Panu,
I have purchased the book "First Steps with VS1053", do you can have by email a copy file, by translated in my language with the help of a free translator, in the format txt, word, pdf (openoffice), thanks?
For verify my purchase, choose you will, of the words or of the numbers of a page!
Example; on page 49, what is the word in the second line and third word?
The answer is "RAM"...... (..... the code(end first line) \ (start second line) space in RAM. Th... etc.).

:? my English is pathetic :!:
lloydmartin
User

Post by lloydmartin »

It is possible to receive a book in pdf format on the Web store for shipping time semms 14 days and I'd like to start programming VS1053 fastest.
MacNabbs
User

Post by MacNabbs »

Hi Mr Panu,

The book contains general info on dsp core and programming hints usefull also for vs1000 audio module?

Have the vs1000 and VS1053 (and others vlsi chips) a similar structure with different peripheral (like Microchip PIC18xx family) or are completely different device?

Thanks
Panu
VSDSP Expert

Post by Panu »

Hi!
The book contains general info on dsp core and programming hints usefull also for vs1000 audio module?
All our ICs contain the same DSP core, the VSDSP4. So they use the same programming tools, VSIDE etc. So the book examples are useful in learning the software tools etc. But the book does not contain any information about VS1000 and its peripherals, only VS1053.
Have the vs1000 and VS1053 (and others vlsi chips) a similar structure with different peripheral (like Microchip PIC18xx family) or are completely different device?
Yes, they're quite similar with each other from the hardware perspective.. The DSP (CPU core) is the same, the memory layout is mostly similar, though memory sizes vary. Some of the peripherals are the same, such as DAC. Other peripherals differ. The main difference is the ROM code, which can be entirely different in each chip.

-Panu
Panu
VSDSP Expert

Post by Panu »

Dear overseas customers,

First Steps with VS1053 is now available from lulu.com:
http://www.lulu.com/shop/panu-kristian- ... 94615.html

-Panu
talkingnews
User

Post by talkingnews »

Panu wrote:First Steps with VS1053 is now available from lulu.com:
Hmmm, I thought that would be a good idea, then I got to the shipping part and I have two choices:

Pay more than the cost of the book for delivery (total £20) and wait 5 days
OR
Pay sensible shipping cost and wait 20 days.

I thought the book looks interesting and would be nice to have for the info about VSIDE, but as my focus is on either VS1000 or VS1005, I'll wait until there is a Kindle version or some other digital format, or it's available from Amazon so I can use my "Prime" delivery service.
Michaelo
User

Post by Michaelo »

A couple of issues...

I posted a couple of posts several days ago... as I understand it, these posts have to be validated to prevent spamming, and thereafter I should be able to post normally...

How long does validation take... it's been a while... loosing confidence....

Also found reference to a book which might answer my questions but when I tried to buy it, I have to register yet again or do I?

Mike
Panu
VSDSP Expert

Post by Panu »

Dear Michaelo,

Welcome to the Forum! The forum has again been for some reason in a state where it doesn't alert us about new messages... so it's been a while since we've checked... sorry, usually we do it faster.

-Panu
Michaelo
User

Post by Michaelo »

I tried to post earlier (in this forum after being approved) but it would not let me... it's working now, probably session/cookie issue... anyway many thanks....