stereo FIR in VSIDE

Installing and using VSIDE tools for VLSI Solution's devices that contain a VSDSP signal processor.
MOUNIKA MADURI
User

stereo FIR in VSIDE

Post by MOUNIKA MADURI » Thu 2018-01-25 7:02

hi,
I have bought vs1063 evaluation kit.In this to record voice can we use stereoFIR example code.If we can use ,do we need to change anything in the code and do we need set any hardware for recording voice and to play back through headset.

> how can we identify voice is recording and went to codec
> can i connect mic directly to Line In jack in evaluation board

Can anyone help me ??

Henrik
VLSI Staff

Re: stereo FIR in VSIDE

Post by Henrik » Thu 2018-01-25 8:19

Hello,
MOUNIKA MADURI wrote:
Thu 2018-01-25 7:02
I have bought vs1063 evaluation kit.In this to record voice can we use stereoFIR example code.If we can use ,do we need to change anything in the code and do we need set any hardware for recording voice and to play back through headset.
Is this the same project you were doing earlier? Or is this something else?

In case this is the same project you have been asking about before:
The VS10X3 StereoFIR template is not a recorder. It reads audio from VS1063's ADC (Line in or microphone in), then filters it with an FIR filter, then sends the filtered result to the DAC (earphone output). But it doesn't record the audio to a file, and it doesn't send it out digitally.

Kind regards,
- Henrik
Good signatures never die. They just fade away.

MOUNIKA MADURI
User

Post by MOUNIKA MADURI » Thu 2018-01-25 8:51

This is also regarding the same project
> Before trying to test with microcontroller i want to test it with evaluation board.

MOUNIKA MADURI
User

Post by MOUNIKA MADURI » Thu 2018-01-25 9:06

Henrik wrote:
Thu 2018-01-25 8:19
Hello,
MOUNIKA MADURI wrote:
Thu 2018-01-25 7:02
Is this the same project you were doing earlier? Or is this something else?

In case this is the same project you have been asking about before:
The VS10X3 StereoFIR template is not a recorder. It reads audio from VS1063's ADC (Line in or microphone in), then filters it with an FIR filter, then sends the filtered result to the DAC (earphone output). But it doesn't record the audio to a file, and it doesn't send it out digitally.

Kind regards,
- Henrik
As you said reads audio from line in and send the result to earphone out
i connected mic to line in and headphone to headphone out i uploaded this example
while iam speaking in mic it is not audible in the headphone
Can you please suggest me what iam doing wrong?