VS1005 Breakout board Issues: Building in VSIDE, USB Mass Storage Disks

Discussion about writing software for VS1005 and the VSOS Operating System. Also posts about VS1005-related hardware design and device drivers should be posted here.
tianyi
User

VS1005 Breakout board Issues: Building in VSIDE, USB Mass Storage Disks

Post by tianyi » Thu 2019-05-09 10:23

Hi VLSI,

I have recently purchased the VS1205 Breakout board 2.0 and would like to program my own applications on it. However, I've run into some issues:
1) I am unable to make the VS1205 breakout board display its internal memory on my computer.
Referring to the VS1005 Application Notes PDF:
Pulling S1 to High and Reset to Low - supposed to show internal flash storage, doesn't show up on computer as a USB disk.
Pulling S2 to High and Reset to Low - works as stated, VSOS shell (i'm using PUTTY) works after configuring baud rate, etc.
Pulling S1 and S2 to High and Reset to Low - supposed to show SD storage, doesn't show up on computer as a USB disk.

The internal memory does not appear. This means that I can neither upload code nor edit the default HiRes recorder software. I was able to flash the latest 3.57 kernel after following the video instructions on episode #001 of the video tutorial by Panu, so I don't think the issue is with my USB to UART drivers / pin connection.

2) I downloaded VSIDE 2.46 as is the latest version.
When I attempt to build a VS1005 Solution (For VSOS 3.57 Internal Flash, which is the one relevant to my board) as demonstrated in Panu's video, this occurs:

Code: Select all

Build started. Project: HelloWorld, configuration: Emulation-Debug

mkabs -o rom1005g.o -f rom1005g.txt
mkabs: I have 1 entries to process.
mkabs: writing rom1005g.o
vslink -k -m mem_desc_kernel03.mem rom1005g.o c-1005g_kernel.o Emulation-Debug\power_devboard.o Emulation-Debug\main.o Emulation-Debug\vsos.o Emulation-Debug\vo_fat.o Emulation-Debug\vo_printf.o Emulation-Debug\geti6.o Emulation-Debug\kernel_abs.o Emulation-Debug\patchmp3asm.o Emulation-Debug\patchmp3.o Emulation-Debug\timeCount.o Emulation-Debug\vo_gpio.o Emulation-Debug\clockspeedpatch.o Emulation-Debug\hwLocks.o Emulation-Debug\xPerip.o Emulation-Debug\xPeripAsm.o Emulation-Debug\fifoRdWr.o Emulation-Debug\hwLocksAsm.o Emulation-Debug\stdbuttonsDumb.o Emulation-Debug\consoleops.o Emulation-Debug\apploader.o Emulation-Debug\lowlevels.o Emulation-Debug\voaudio.o Emulation-Debug\getmemory.o Emulation-Debug\sethandler.o Emulation-Debug\clockspeedpatchAsm.o Emulation-Debug\uartSpeed.o Emulation-Debug\devHwSpi.o Emulation-Debug\scsi.o Emulation-Debug\msc.o Emulation-Debug\hwLockPinMask.o Emulation-Debug\mutex.o Emulation-Debug\console.o Emulation-Debug\devSpiFlash.o Emulation-Debug\vsos_vs1005g.o Emulation-Debug\intosgfix.o Emulation-Debug\sysuimsg.o Emulation-Debug\extSymbols.o Emulation-Debug\transient.o Emulation-Debug\cyclic.o Emulation-Debug\taskandstackCreate.o Emulation-Debug\transientAsm.o Emulation-Debug\vs1005h_compatAsm.o Emulation-Debug\vs1005h_compat.o  -o on-Debug\VSOS_Kernel.coff -L. -Llib -LC:\Users\Tian\ Yi\Documents\VSIDE\libvs1005g_vsos3 -lc -lrtossmall -lgeneral

Warning: vslink: Emulation-Debug\kernel_abs.o: section types for ZeroPtrCall don't match: 0x0020 0x0820
mkabs -o vsos03.o -f vsos03.abs
mkabs: I have 1 entries to process.
mkabs: writing vsos03.o
rem copy vsos03.o "C:/Users/Tian Yi/Documents/VSIDE/libvs1005g"

0 [main] sh 11408 sync_with_child: child 7476(0x1A0) died before initialization with status code 0xC0000142

113508 [main] sh 11408 sync_with_child: *** child state waiting for longjmp

Build failed!

C:\Users\TIANYI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\make3122.sh: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable
C:\Users\Tian Yi\Documents\VSIDE\bin\make.exe: *** [on-Debug/VSOS_Kernel.coff] Error 128
My project properties (Pre/post build) are as follows.

Code: Select all

mkabs -o vsos03.o -f vsos03.abs
rem copy vsos03.o "$(HOMEPATH_WIN)/libvs1005g"
rem copy vsos03.o "$(HOMEPATH_WIN)/libvs1005g_vsos3"
coff2allboot -v -i vs1005spi -d y:0xfc3e=0x1000 -d y:0xfc41=4 $(TARGETPATH)/$(TARGET) eeprom_i.img
copy eeprom_i.img eeprom.img
vsomd $(TARGETPATH)/$(TARGET) > $(TARGETPATH)/$(PROJNAME).omd
vssym -Q $(TARGETPATH)/$(TARGET)
secdump $(TARGETPATH)/$(TARGET) kernel.sym
@rem $(IF_DEPLOY) copy kernel.sym $(TARGETDRIVE)\sys\kernel.sym /y
As suggested somewhere on the forum, I tried removing the rem copy lines, but this threw out another error.

I could not find any info regarding Error 128 on the VSDSP forum.
(Even still, I managed to flash the 3.57 kernel to internal flash via the prommer)

Thank you for the advice and help! I apologise for the double posting, if any.
Best Regards
Tian Yi
tinkerthinker

Panu
VLSI Staff. Currently on holiday.

Re: VS1005 Breakout board Issues: Building in VSIDE, USB Mass Storage Disks

Post by Panu » Fri 2019-05-10 11:20

Hi!

Hmm, this is just a guess because I have never seen this kind of errors, so those errors might hint that your PC is running a different version of MAKE.EXE than what comes with the VSIDE. Can you try to run VSIDE with a computer that does not have other MCU development environments installed? Maybe some other compiler has overridden somehow which MAKE.EXE is running?

-Panu
Info: Line In and Line Out, VS1000 User interface, Overlay howto, Latest VSIDE, MCU Howto, Youtube
Panu-Kristian Poiksalo, VLSI Solution Oy

tianyi
User

Post by tianyi » Tue 2019-05-14 3:26

Hi everyone, I'm posting this in case someone else finds this topic and has the same issue as me. I'm going to only be on one topic now at viewtopic.php?p=12752 where the rest of my VS1005 problems are.

I managed to get VSIDE to compile normally after removing the other C/C++ compiler programs on my computer, specifically WinAVR and the Arduino IDE.

Hope this helps someone in the future.
tinkerthinker

Panu
VLSI Staff. Currently on holiday.

Post by Panu » Sun 2019-05-19 15:30

Thanks a lot for your help!

-Panu
Info: Line In and Line Out, VS1000 User interface, Overlay howto, Latest VSIDE, MCU Howto, Youtube
Panu-Kristian Poiksalo, VLSI Solution Oy