Is the VS1010 Developer Board bricked

Designing hardware and software for systems that use the VS1010 MP3 Audio DSP Microcontroller.
AskariSon
User

Is the VS1010 Developer Board bricked

Post by AskariSon »

I have got a VS1010 Developer Board. something happened while I was playing and learning using uSD-card.
It seems like it has got stock in a default level15 player mode. I cant get out to the command line pressing Esc.
Nor can I get it to read new config.txt level settings from SD card. .dlx programs on sd dose not run.
But it seems to play the audio files fine.

I tried different key combinations + the reset button. releasing the reset button last. Non seems to work.
except for giving me access to the storage levels.

is there a way to return to default behavior?

I appreciate any help.
Attachments
tera.JPG
tera.JPG (32.38 KiB) Viewed 228 times
AskariSon
User

Re: Is the VS1010 Developer Board bricked

Post by AskariSon »

It seems it's stock in an uart player loop software. and cant get out to prompt vs1010>
The player software seems to be running even after removing the SD-card but without playing any sound.

I tried reprogramming the SPI-flasher: Like stated in this post viewtopic.php?p=13650#p13650]

But the problem still remains.

appreciate any help.
AskariSon
User

Post by AskariSon »

I think this is the origin of the software I was playing with. Or is it the room player?
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2807&p=14391&hilit ... yer#p14391
Is the code lacking a setting to gotoShell global variable that tells the romplayer to go to prompt and not to play?

But shouldn't the Vs1010 switch to prompt after pressing [Enter] or [Ctrl-C] in all situations regardless what .dlx is running?

so what's the situation here?
Hannu
Senior User

Post by Hannu »

First of all. You haven't bricked anything. Your system is running just fine but it just don't know how to quit the program.
I usually have something like this in the start of the program which can get inconveniently stuck:
if(GpioReadPin(0x12)== 0)return S_OK;
to escape and get back to control and fix my problems.

What I can see is that the player starts from config.txt file. Or with some other automatic mechanism. Is it running from SD-card or SPI-flash?

If it is running from SD-card it is easy to get back to control: Remove card from dev board. Reset dev board press enter and you have the prompt. Put the card back to dev board and command dir d: and you should see your contents.

With SPI-flash it is little bit trickier. Getting to prompt, Running flshtool from SD-card to find the flash. Wipe your problems with flshtool... Search this forum. I've written it a few times how to unbrick with flshtool. Or you can use delete program to remove the player program.

The gotoShell is feature of romplayer. You should check what features your player has in callback function. Exiting player is optional feature.

If USB isn't working, check that you have good connections and the switch is in correct position. When using Mini-USB cable, the switch should be towards the other buttons. That way it should be simple trick to get the filesystem to show up on computer by booting to correct runlevel.
AskariSon
User

Post by AskariSon »

Hannu wrote: Mon 2021-10-11 9:11
With SPI-flash it is little bit trickier. Getting to prompt, Running flshtool from SD-card to find the flash. Wipe your problems with flshtool... Search this forum. I've written it a few times how to unbrick with flshtool. Or you can use delete program to remove the player program.
Thank you Hannu. I'll try the above as soon as I get home. I recognize this information from an earlier post and I stil got into that trap.

thank you again.
AskariSon
User

Post by AskariSon »

This worked.

Thank you Hannu