Generating Frequency

Writing software that inputs and/or outputs audio and performs DSP algorithms such as filters, new codecs or audio effects.
Hannu
Senior User

Re: Generating Frequency

Post by Hannu »

Is this enough? Beeper is outputting over the monitoring audio to dac. The beeps aren't in the recording. Or do I need to write an input driver for you? And what is the highest frequency you want your beeper to produce?
Arkantium
User

Post by Arkantium »

Good morning Hannu,

The code I shared using from app notes example as a base is working good, and that is exactly what I need, a beep which configurable frequencies, time sounding and silences. But I pretend to use it as a beacon during time while the system is recording ambient noise up to 20KHz (just as human sensibility)

To do so I need the system beeping at certain frequency (configurable from 0 up to 5 or 6 KHz to have more options in the future, even I would probably use it around 1500Hz or 2000Hz), using certain cycles sound/silence (configurable too), while recording sound
(even the beep, which helps for others calculations) during the session.

As a resume, in my mind is like using "Rec" and the code I shared exactly as they are doing their job (which is perfect for me) but at the same time, both of them running together.

Many thanks,

Kind regards.
Hannu
Senior User

Post by Hannu »

If I understood correctly, you want to have the beep coming from stdaudioin so it ends up to recording.

I already have some code which replaces input signal from stdaudioin with sine. Changing generator to less dumb, adding a few ioctl() targets for frequency and duration setting and putting some cyclic function which triggers generation seems a viable solution.

Would this be what you need?
Arkantium
User

Post by Arkantium »

Good morning Hannu,

What I literally need at the end of the day is to extract several recordings in selectable format (.mp3 or .ogg) limitated by size (I am already doing that modifying "Rec" code, so that part is working fine) but at the same time I need to listen a beep emitted through a speaker, so, when I analyse the audios extracted I need them to contain the ambient noise (get by a microphone) and the configurable beep too, because the microphone would record both of them, ambient and beep.

That is why I said, that in my mind, it is like to continue using "Rec" and the beeping code I shared with you, because they are working exactly as I need by separate, but I would need them working together, to continue recording ambient audios while beeping.

Thanks a lot for your effort Hannu.

Kind regards
Arkantium
User

Post by Arkantium »

Good afternoon Hannu,

Do you have news about this?

Many thanks,

Kind regards.
Hannu
Senior User

Post by Hannu »

Actually I wrote last week FTIOSC driver while waiting some other software to fail. Real time problems are often like that.

So far I haven't run the driver even a single time and I'm not comfortable yet with the intelligence level of it. So it is on development pipeline. Basically it needs some ioctl() calls to stdaudioin and for beacon purposes, you just add cyclic node which then triggers the beep by sending those ioctl() calls. I thought about you when I designed the interface.
Hannu
Senior User

Post by Hannu »

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2981

I think you are interested on the BeepSweep() of the osctest program.